New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Other Virtual machine in ESXi will impact performance of application?

I have intsalled Load runner in Virtual machine and observed that many VM are installed on same ESXi .

And Now I am expericiencing latency and slowness in the machine, Kindly help with below queries.

Other Virtual machine in ESXi will impact performance of application?

Is ESXi should have only VM for Performance server and DB server with Load runner?
Is other VM on same ESXi impact application behaviour , I am expericiencing lot of slowness in load runner 12.01 while acessing Vugen?
It takes me approx 1 minute to open the script ( initially shows not responding and sometimes hanged ) , same issue faced during debugging and executing script in load runner (VUGEN).

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

That would concern me. I really try hard to keep LR installed on physical hardware, ort if it simply must be on a VM, one that doesn't have to share hardware with other VMs. Of course that largely defeats the purpose of using VMs.

It's also possible that your VM just needs more CPU/RAM allocated to it. That might solve 3/4 of the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks for your reply,

Configured just double value what is provided as recommended values from HP to install load runner for Virtual machines 

but still VUGEN is very slow, howver Load controller and Load analyzer is working fine.

Not sure what is the problem with VUGEN.

Please help.

Regards,

Vidhi 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.