Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

POS Performance Testing

We have POS (Point of Sale) application which runs on NCR Hardware. POS operations are communicated over TCP/IP with the backend applicatons. 

We dont have any simulatore for this POS application.

Is there a way to capture TCP/IP traffic  of POS operations to create the TCP script?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: POS Performance Testing

Hi Veera, 

if the application has a web interface, I think you could record a script with a web protocol (like TruClient or Web HTTP-HMTL); otherwise you have to know what's the communication protocol of the product, so you can distinguish what's the correct way to recording (RTE, if there's some mainframe components, or RDP for Windows/Linux machines). 

I've found this interesting post, can you take a look and tell me if this resolve your issue? 

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/POS-Application-Techincal-Roadblocks/td-p/611073

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

POS transactions are happening via JSON Request/Response with TCP/IP communication.

Its not having web interface. We have NCR devices which is specially designed for running POS application. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It looks like you have start low level with TCP/IP. Fortunate the message is json, so not binary info. Build on top op the recording an abstraction library so that you get better readable code. 

You might also start with fat-client testing RDP/Citrix to simulate multiple users.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Actually we are not able to install any load testing tool into this POS machine. Let me know If any way to create a script of this application.

Also we can't take the remote of this POS machines. Hence we couldn't check RDP protocol option.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

You might check out PCAP. I've no experience with it, but it with all the restrictions you have it might be the only way to go.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.