Highlighted
Visitor.

Page is not rendering/displaying the content/data in truclient protocol

In our java application once we enter some data in text field and click on the search button, it dispay the relevent data in table format on the same page.  In that table each row will have customer information and name hyperlink. Up on click on hyperlink it displays the full details of customer in another page.  

I am trying to script this application with Truclient protocol, The problem I am encountering is, when click on search button, the page is not displaying any data while recording. The reason is, appication returns the reponse in .action file, and file contains the XML data including javascript, .png,.gig along with the user data, but the data is not displaying on the page.  it seems the browser is not rendering the file while recording using Load runner truclient protocol.

Please advise on solution to address the issue? Do I need to add any plugins?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Page is not rendering/displaying the content/data in truclient protocol

Please let me know below details.

1. Version of LoadRunner 

2. Which browser of TruClient

3. Are you able to navigate successfully when you launch the application manually. 

4. Have you checked the browser compatibilty matrix of LR?

If you are able to work on the application manually, then TruClient will render it. It doesn't need any additional pluggins AFAIK. 

Thank you,
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | www.QAInsights.com
Learn TruWeb - my Udemy Course "Performance Testing using TruWeb" | https://www.udemy.com/performance-testing-using-truweb/?couponCode=YOUTUBE
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Load runner version 12.53.

Tried will internet explorer and Firefox browsers. Application is compatable only with IE browser while accessing app manually.

Yes I can access app manually, but in compatability settings we have to add website to display the page. 

Not sure how to verifty the browser compatability metric of LR, Can you please direct me to verify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

TruClient was built to support pure web based applications. It seems like your application contains Java Applet hence it is not supported by TruClient. There is no workaround for that.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

For browser supporting, you could check it here. In "Internet Explorer Limitations using TruClient for VuGen" section, it's mentioned IE 10 and IE 11 are supported.

I notice you mentioned "Yes I can access app manually, but in compatability settings we have to add website to display the page". That means, you web site porbably only supports IE 8- mode. TruClient IE only supports IE 9+ mode; IE 8- mode is unsupported. To check what mode is used by your web site, please manually open IE (not TruClient IE), navigate to your web site (before that, make sure the web site was added to compatability list, so it can work correctly), then hit F12 key to open the "Developer Tools" pane. See below snapshot.

F12.png

Then click the mode dropdown list (shown in red rectangle), see which mode is used. If the selected number is less than 9, that means this web site uses IE 8- mode. Please try to select a number greater than 8. If the web site doens't work correctly with mode 9, 10 or 11, that means it's not supported by TruClient IE.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

I also have a similar problem.

1. Version of LoadRunner --12.55

2. Which browser of TruClient--IE 11

3. I can navigate successfully when  launch the application manually. 

Just like screenshots, the IE interface is incomplete, affecting the recording script.

can you help me? Thanksscreenshot.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you try what Alex wrote above? Viewing the default rendering mode of the application?
Did you try disabling "Standards Enforcement" from TruClient IE Advanced menu and then navigating without recording.

What is the outcome of above troubleshooting steps?

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

1.only can record the display interface

2&3 have try ,View the screenshot

And Can't solve the problem

2.png3.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Please open a support ticket. We will assist you.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello All,

Am facing similar issue, where renderning is not hapening on UI in LR.

Could you pelase let me know if there was any solution provided for the issue?

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Please try the suggestions above.
If this does not work, provide more details about the issue, the application and how the suggestions affected it.
I'd suggest doing so in a new thread, to allow better tracking and increase the change of a helpful response.

Edo
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.