Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Parameter in middle of sentence cuts off text after

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have ran into a issue, I had a script that unparameterized ran correctly when manually changes, however broke when the parameters were added. After investigating the log, it is looking for a string of information for a user in a nca_lov_select item

the problem is, part of the string is cut off, I have test.user.111111XX@email.com ; where the XX is a parameter, however, it cuts off the email.com seciton, that is required for it to progress .... any ideas ...

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Parameter in middle of sentence cuts off text after

Jump to solution

On top of the request for the sample of the script and log, I would suggest to try as workarround to try and replace the nca_lov_select_item with nca_lov_select_index_item.

You can find the index number to select by searching the value selected in the nca_record.log:

1. go to the script folder \ data
  2. open the nca_record.log
  3. search for the function that appears in the script before the specified function (nca_lov_select_item)
  4. scroll down in the log to the next client message and pick the index of the item

Given the script we could further assist.

Thanks,

Oded

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you post an example of the code both before and after the parameterization?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

On top of the request for the sample of the script and log, I would suggest to try as workarround to try and replace the nca_lov_select_item with nca_lov_select_index_item.

You can find the index number to select by searching the value selected in the nca_record.log:

1. go to the script folder \ data
  2. open the nca_record.log
  3. search for the function that appears in the script before the specified function (nca_lov_select_item)
  4. scroll down in the log to the next client message and pick the index of the item

Given the script we could further assist.

Thanks,

Oded

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I resolved the issue last week, apologies. During a hasty find all & replace it decided to overstep the boundary and erase my email string, which in turn cause the next item to fail (nca_set_window) since there was no email..

Good news

1) It works

2) I can now automatically create EBS users with responsibilities and roles (yay loadrunner)

Bad news

1) my mix up took me about a solid day to realize what was wrong! Live & Learn.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.