Highlighted
New Member.

Parameterization in Loadrunner

Hi All,

I want to parameteririze a value which is dynamic in nature.

Kindly help me in creating parameter with dynamic values, such that in each iteration it takes different value automatically. 

I want to concatinate some text with date & time.

Format of the parameterization I am looking for is as follows:

Sometext_currentdate_currenttime.   e.g. Replace Community004 with "ABCD_%d%m%y_hh:mm:ss."

Thanks & Regards

Anupam Baranwal

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Parameterization in Loadrunner

Hi

This is easy done with a standard Parameter.

br /ola

parametr_date.png

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Parameterization in Loadrunner

As @OlaBerggren wrote, you can create one or more parameters with the option "Parameters" and combinate them to make a unique timestamp/dynamic value. For example, 

someText => Parameter type: Random Number, you can choose the range of valus to assign (Min and Max)

currentDate => Parameter type: Date/Time, Date/Time format: %d/%m/%Y

currentTime => Parameter type: Date/Time, Date/Time format: %H%M%S

You can also create a custom format, inserting a particular separator due to your timestamp syntax, for example a Date/Time format like %d--%m--%Y::%H::%S. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.