Highlighted
New Member.

Parametrise Dropdown in Web-HTTP/HTML protocol.

I'm unable to create a parameter (using .csv file) for Dropdown in my script. I'm using HTTP/HTML for my script.

Below is my script for dropdown:
    web_custom_request("NonTreasuryDealCapture.aspx_4", 
        "URL=http://{Some URL}", 
        "Method=POST", 
        "Resource=0", 
        "RecContentType=text/plain", 
        "Referer={Some URL}", 
        "Snapshot=t14.inf", 
        "Mode=HTML", 
        "EncType=application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8", 
        body_variable_3, 
        LAST);

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Parametrise Dropdown in Web-HTTP/HTML protocol.

Hi,

Did you use your own csv file or a regular LoadRunner parameter file?

How do you intiialize body_variable_3?

Do you get an error? 

Can you spare some more details? No one can understand anything from your post. Help others help you 🙂

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I'm using my own .CSV file. body_variable_3 automatically gets generated while recording script for dropdowns. Hence I'm unable to use parameter from.csv file. How to change my script for dropdowns so that it will take  input from a .csv file?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Go to body_variable_3 and parameterize it. 

Thank you,
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | www.QAInsights.com
Learn TruWeb - my Udemy Course "Performance Testing using TruWeb" | https://www.udemy.com/performance-testing-using-truweb/?couponCode=YOUTUBE
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I suggest using LoadRunner Virtual Table Server ( VTS) instead of the automatically generated CSV. Store all the parameter data in VTS and get the values from it during runtime.

Alternatively, when you read data from the CSV you need to initialize LoadRunner parameters during run using lr_save_string and functions like that

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.