Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Percentile Web Page Download Time

Hi,
I would like to measure whether web pages can achieve 5secs download time within 90% percentile, so could anyone advise on which LoadRunner graph captures the percentile web page download time information, because I notice that Web Page diagnostics graph capture the information as average, but not percentile? If no such percentile graph, how can we measure percentile web page download time using load runner ?
Thanks in advance, Leanne
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Percentile Web Page Download Time

Hi All,

I am using LoadRunner Analysis 12, would appreciate anyone could advise on how identify whether 90% percentile of web page is meeting response time, instead of using the existing Average web page response time graph ?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

If you have the page download in a transaction, you can work with it in two ways.

1. In the summary report. Here is shown the 90% column by default. The measurement can be changed to 95%, 98% or whatever in the settings (Tools -> Optons-> General Tab , Summary report)

2. Add a new graph and choose the type Transactions--> Transaction Response Time (Persentile). In the graph you can see the full percentile spectre.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi OlaBerggren,
Just noticed you have replied me, thanks so much.

Is that mean each of the page click, dynamic ajax button click and all interaction requests to server need to be captured in individual lr_start_transaction and lr_end_transaction ? Is it a correct practice, because seem need to create start end transaction for quite a number of page interactions to server ?

Refer to load runner documentation, would like to confirm whether the average page response time indicated in the web page diagnostic graph is total page download time including ALL page components download time? While the page (.pl) response time indicated in the download time graph is the page response time which excludes all page components download time (graph as attached) ? Appreciate if you could advise. Thanks, Leanne
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.