Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance Testing Remote Procedure Call-Linux Flavor

Hi,

I have to do performance testing of application(client) which uses Remote Procedure call (Linux Flavor) to talk to the server.

Can i do performance testing of RPC, if so please let me know how do i proceed.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Performance Testing Remote Procedure Call-Linux Flavor

Hi,

Two potential approaches you might consider come to mind here:

1) Assuming application knowledge of the RPC implementation in the client is available, write a C code script (C Vuser) which performs the RPC calls that the client does while interacting with the server. It may be that the "RPC implementation layer" can be accessed from the script so that it is possible to mimic the interactions of the client with the server while minimising the load or resource usage per user being simulated,

2) Use the HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) tool (formerly QTP) to record your business process using the client. Then use GUI Vusers in LoadRunner to replay the business process multiple times to implement your load test. This approach, while feasible, may be "expensive" if many users need to be simulated as you may need alot of load generator resource as each user runs an instance of the client. Also a GUI Vuser licence will be needed per user. More on this approach is in:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM195134

Hope this helps,

Mark

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.