Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Performance Testing a Windows applications... LR?

Hi,

I need some advice. I am trying to Performance Testing a non-web based application. The Protocol Advisor for LR12.02 tells me to use COM/DCOM and/or Windows Sockets. Neither of these protocols produce usable code to create/modify scripts from.

I asked someone who is more experienced than I , what to do and I was told that Load Runner cannot be used to do this type of testing. She also said I would have to use a tool like Junit.

Can someone please confirm that LoadRunner cannot be used for this? Also, coming from strictly a LR background, what tool can I try to use to create these performance tests.

I would really appreciate any type of advice and/or recommendations.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Performance Testing a Windows applications... LR?

seanmack, based on your description I believe that LoadRunner should be able to support your test.

When somebody is saying that "Load Runner cannot be used to do this type of testing", it really means that that particular person doesn't know how to use Load Runner for this type of testing.
At least in my practice all similar claims were due to limited skills of a performance tester.

However it's quite possible that another tool e.g. Junit may be a better choice.

BTW, what protocol is used to communicate between your application and a server?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.