Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Performance Testing of Baan ERP Applications

Hi All,

I am new to performance test Baan ERP applications. We have no idea of what possible scenarios can be performance tested for Baan using LoadRunner. 

If anyone has performance tested Baan ERP application, please share us some case studies/artifacts or a heads up to test scenarios to be tested.

Thanks,

Manimozhi

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Performance Testing of Baan ERP Applications

You should be able to test each scenario. It just comes down to the general approach for designing a load test. Your stakeholders need to tell you what to do; your Baan ERP product consultants shouls be able to tell you what important aspects of the data model are involved etc and what data should be prepared.

If you access your application via the Web interface use HTTP recording (URL based). The protocol can be highly optimized GWT depending on the version.

When you use the (old fashion) fat client interface it will become difficult, but you might try recording via a proxy.

The most simple approach might be TruClient, it saves you the time exploring the protocol, but that is not feasable (expensive) to design high end tests (1000+ users).

Regars.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

Our Stakeholders are not aware of performance testing in Baan since its new to them. So they wanted us to come up with possible test scenarios as a heads up for them to decide.

Thanks,

Manimozhi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

So, ask what your stakeholders want to do with the software, what do they want to administrate, automate. Take what 80% of the users will be doing (normally 10% or less of the used business flows of a customer).

As I stated before "It just comes down to the general approach for designing a load test."

If you and your customer have no application knowlegde and none of you want to invest in obtaining that knowledge it will be a mission impossible.

Note this has nothing to do with any type of load test like LR, so it is questionable if you are addressing the right audience...

Signature:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We are trying to capture the requests in BaaN. But when we launch BaaN, only images are getting loaded in developer tools. The login credentials are not getting captured both in Dev tools and LoadRunner requests.

Is it advisable to try different protocols?

Currently I am using LoadRunner 12.55 version Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

What is the UI type and version you are using?

The latest WebUI is based on HTML 5 and uses a stripped GWT protocol.

When you talk to a web server I would suggest to use Web over URL.

Signature:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

Q: What is the UI type and version you are using? I am not sure about which type you are asking. But I tried recording in Web HTTP HTML method and not URL method. I tried Truclient Web also. It shows only "Mouse Pointer" for all the clicks made inside BaaN.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

It might be that the UI version you are using based is on a Java Swing plugin (WebUI). The actual UI is HTML5 based and called Infor LN UI. This UI will not connect to Baan IV, but might connect to Baan ERP (Baan V), but only after upgrading Baan ERP tools to Infor LN tools (if that is possible).

It is hard to impossible to do something with the UI based on Java Swing. Infor has a Java based protocol for the WebUI that intercepts at the WebServer level and not the UI level. But that is for pure internal use.

Signature:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thank you so much for the help ! Is there any alternate way to test its performance? Any tool or solutions? 

But I read a post that some one used LR version 9 to test BaaN. Please suggest me if you are aware of any options.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes in the days of LR 9 there was a propriaty protocol esp for Baan 5 (and Baan IV?) maintained by mercury. You need to use BECS with BW user interface for that.

But also this is not available for outside Infor.

The only alternative is that the customer contact Infor Consultancy and ask to develop a load test, but that does not help you.

Signature:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. I will try other possible alternatives.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please let me (us) know when you find a solution that I did not know.

Signature:
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.