Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance Testing of JNLP application

Hi,

We have an JNLP application that we need to test. The functionality is that

• Launch the application URL (https://www.xyz.com)
  • Sign in into the web application
  • After successfull autehntication, a JNLP file (app.jnlp) is download which uses "javaws" to launch a new Desktop java application on runtime.
  • Download few reports from the application.
  • Sign out and close the JNLP application.

We initially tried with HTTP/HTML protocol it records till the part of downloding the jnlp file. After that nothing is recorded. After google research, we got to know that jnlp application can be tested using Java over HTTP or Java record and Replay, but its very difficult to find the process. If any one has any idea/document/link on how to test this application please share with me.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance Testing of JNLP application

Hi,

Did you try recording the JNLP invocation as an application instead of starting from the browser?

Try this post, might help.

Or this one

Or this blog

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your reply Shlomi.

I have tried invoking JNLP application directly, The problem is, after the user logins into the web application, few authentication tokens are generated which are passed in the JNLP file. Due which if i try to open the application directly through bat file, It throws error "Unable to Launch the application".

Please find the JNLP File snapshot below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp spec="6.0+" codebase="https://app.url.com" href="rr.webstart?AUTH={Dynamic_value1};args={Dynamic_Value_2}" version="12.0.0">
<application-desc main-class="XXXXXX">
<argument>{Dyanamic_Value_3}</argument>
<argument>AUTH={Dynamic_value_4}</argument><argument>{Dynamic_Value_5}</argument></application-desc> 

I am not sure how to handle this if i have to start the application directly.

Please help me out if there is a workaround.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I understand.

Did one of the posts I shared helps in anyway? I admit I didn't go through all the details myself, they seemed relevant.

Can you try using the Proxy recorder instead. Maybe it will be able to capture the events.

You can also try capturing a wireshark pcap or fiddler saz and generate a script from them

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

We have tested the JNLP application Web Start and faced the same issue while recording in Web HTTP/HTML.

1) we have checked the recording logs and identified the error message was due to Java not accepting the loadrunner certificate.

2)We imported the LoadRunner Certificate to the Java Keytool Which helped.

http://blogs.hexaware.com/tips-for-handling-recording-problems-in-loadrunner/

3)We have chosen the same profile users to validate the script with 2 different users in web Http Html protoocol and we are able to run the scripts.

Regards,

Raghul M

Highlighted
Visitor.

Is there any new information regarding trying to record jnlp-based thick clients using VuGen?  Basically seeing the same thing - attempts to record jnlp-based application does not work.  Is there any documentation on how to do this?  Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.