Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance testing for an application that is launched through Citrix

We are given to do load testing of an application that is hosted in Citrix and using load runner....
The application is launched in the following way

1.Login in to Citrix and click on the application...

2.A page opens where in we need to browse the d:/ and open a file.

3.when we open the pdi file it is like a page having many buttons where in clicking each button takes u to a different well view page

4.A well view page can be said to be completely loaded when all the pipes lines connected become green in color...
The tool that we use for performance testing is load runner.
Queries:
1.Is it possible to performance test such kind of application
2. They need the response time of each step during 50 users load even the response time to browse n open the pdi file
3. How to check n validate the response Time to completely load each well pages during the load test( as they say when all pipe lines turn green then a well page is said to be completely loaded)

Need your urgent guidance in this as I have never done Citrix scripts n let me know what more queries can I ask the development team to easily script the application
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Performance testing for an application that is launched through Citrix

Hi,

Citrix is a GUI protocol , should be easy to record. Anyhow here are tips on Citrix : https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM220126

Regards

mB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi
Thanks for the response but can u please read my post once again n let me know if it iis feasible in load runner to validate my queries 3 in the post:

Query3. How to check n validate the response Time to completely load each well pages during the load test( as they say when all pipe lines turn green then a well page is said to be completely loaded)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can try to put ctrx_sync_on_bitmap on the section which is supposed to change to green. In run time settings under citrix-> synchronization try to put exact. See if the function is making the script to wait till color is chnaging to green...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.