Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Periodical increment in number of transactions while running the script for certain duration

Hi,

My script is to create accounts. Fo the loadtest requirement is as follows.

1. Script has to run for continuous 5 hrs.

2. While running the script it has to create 21 accounts in 1st hr and from 2nd hr onwards, it has to create 5 more accounts than previous hour.

That in the sense, 

1st hr - 21 accounts,    2nd hr - 26 a/c,     3rd hr - 31 a/c,     4th hr - 36 a/c,     5th hr - 41 a/c. 

Total = 155 accounts.

Could anyone please help me either with logic in VUGen script or Options in Controller.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Periodical increment in number of transactions while running the script for certain duration

Hi

Perhaps you can ramp up the users so that each additional hour, 5 more will be added and thus creating your 5 additional accounts?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Periodical increment in number of transactions while running the script for certain duration

Hi Lior,

My script execution time is only 4 sec, where as i need to run that script for only 21 times in 1 hr. To achieve this i am using standard ThinkTime of 166 sec.,  in my script. In this case how i can rampup users periodically.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Anand

so it's 1 user running your entire scenario?

that does not produce much load on your system, unless I completely misunderstood 🙂

this sounds more like a functional test rathar than a load test.

and even with the data you presented, you're still 30 seconds short of an hour, and this may also vary depending on your system's capabilitles.

the ramp up I was referring to was to setup a start of some users, than a duration of the work, than another ramp up of 5 additional users, than duration of an hour and so on and so forth untill reaching the peak load and number of needed Vusers, but this may be a moote suggestion based on your requirments.

let us know if this is the case, and if so, I recommend to create an appropriate work load model to your AUT.

hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.