Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Possible LR bug - parameters disappearing

Using LR 12.53, I'm finding that if I have a couple of parameters that I've already created in the script, say for example username and password fields have been parameterised in a Web HTTP/HTML script, they disappear when I save the script as a new version.

For example, I've just recorded a new script and parameterised the username and password fields.
I've then saved out the script as a new version, and the values in the script are showing the parameter names that I previously created, however the parameters are not showing in the Parameter List.

Does this happen for anyone else?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Possible LR bug - parameters disappearing

Hi JMac,

trying to understand the scenario you are describing.
are you doing a "save as" to the script you created with the parameter? I tried that, it modified the name I see in the solution and the parameters are still listed both in the script and the parameter file.

let me know if I missed a step.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi AvniLior,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I've created a couple of parameters for the username and password fields and then done file > save as and saved as a new version (I usually create a few versions of the same script so if something goes wrong when developing I have some previous copies to go back to)

It's strange because I'm not always able to replicate the issue, it seems to be happening maybe 60% of the time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi JMac,

understood.

I tried again and could not reproduce this.

which protocol did you use? I tried on Web and it was a success each time.

perhaphs there's info in Vugen log file?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web protocol, and no nothing in the log.

Very strange considering the parameter names are in the script; I know the parameter data is stored in a .prm file within the script folder so maybe that wasn't getting copied across.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK it's just happened again, but the .PRM and .BAK files copied across with the correct data so I'm not sure what's going on!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi JMac,

I think this warrants a more deep inspection.

I will keep trying to reproduce and if successful, will update.

Thank you,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.