Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with Loadrunner 12.53 (Oracle database connection)

Hi,

i have a problem with my Vugen. I want to record a script for testing a oracle database.

If i record the script with Toad everything is fine but if i want to replay the script i get the following error:

vuser_init.c(13): lrd.c/fjInitDB: None of the library combinations specified in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file could be loaded. Initializing for ORACLE failed
vuser_init.c(13): lrd_initialize_db: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2015.

I dont know what i have to do to fix this problem. I think the Vugen cant locate the binaries of Oracle client but the Path variable is set to the binaries so what do i have to do to fix this ?

Loadrunner version : 12.53

Oracle version 11

Thanks for any replies.

- Jonas

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem with Loadrunner 12.53 (Oracle database connection)

Hi

I can remember having to edit this file to get oracle working, but that was for version 11.52 so it was some years ago.

So I do not have a solution, but can hopefully point you in the right direction. Or hope that someat HP RnD can give the correct answer.

You will have to edit this "lrd.ini" file and find the correct section. [ORACLE_WINNT] was it before, but maybe also [ORACLE_WINNT64] is relevant now.

Below there is lines telling LoadRunner which versions of client DLLs to use for which version. So you should try and add a line saying something like:
1100=lrdo32.dll+oraclient11.dll
and
1100=lrdo64.dll+oraclient11.dll

And also find the client dll and put it in the bin folder of LoadRunner if it is not in your path.

But remember, this could be not needed anymore and totally wrong way to fix it!

Also check others that have problem connecting likenot-able-to-connect-to-Oracle-DB-using-lr-db-connect

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It doesnt solve my problem.

Here is my code generation log :

rd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "ora805.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "805" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "oci.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "816" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - (null)Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "oraclient8.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "815" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "ora804.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "804" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "ora803.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "803" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "ora73.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "73" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "ora72.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "72" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: Cannot load the ORACLE library (DLL), "orant71.dll", specified after a "+"  in the "71" entry in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file.  - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Processing continues

lrd.c/fjInitDB: None of the library combinations specified in section [ORACLE_WINNT] in the "lrd.ini" file could be loaded.  Initializing for ORACLE failed

lrd_to_printable: ERROR, return-code=LRDE2015.   

lrd_to_printable: Warning: continuing after error, return-code=LRDE2015.   

LRD error 2015 when generating value for lrd_assign(&MaxCharLength_D1,...) -
    The generated lrd_assign is commented out, with a value of ???.
    It can be found by searching "lrd_assign(&MaxCharLength_D1".

value passed to lrd_assign may be invalid for MaxCharLength_D1:
        lrd_error=2015

value passed to lrd_assign may be invalid for MaxCharLength_D1:
        lrd_error=2015

Code generation failed: Database client binaries were not found.
Install the same Oracle Client Library that was installed on the machine on which this Vuser script was originally recorded.

I know the Vugen don't find the Oracle binaries. I looked for the binaries in the Oracle folder but i cant find them. Maybe the oracle.dlls in the lrd.ini has the wrong names because its a newer version of oracle client ? Can someone post his Oracle Winnt part of the lrd.ini for compare with mine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[ORACLE_WINNT]
1100=lrdo32.dll+oraclient11.dll
805=lrdo32.dll+ora805.dll
816=lrdo32.dll+oci.dll
815=lrdo32.dll+oraclient8.dll
804=lrdo32.dll+ora804.dll
803=lrdo32.dll+ora803.dll
73=lrdo32.dll+ora73.dll
72=lrdo32.dll+ora72.dll
71=lrdo32.dll+orant71.dll

this is my lrd. i cant find the listed dll s on my system but the oracle client is installed. it looks like this are just the dll s for oracle 8 client ?! but what are the new names for this dll s in oracle 11 client ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

I did some digging, and here is the actual entry that made it work in our case:

[ORACLE_WINNT]
1102=lrdo32.dll+oraclient11.dll

So maybe you need match the exact version returned by server.
And then also the Oracle client did have to be installed, both on Vugen machine and on LG. For previous versions it worked by just finding the Oracle client dll and placing it in /bin folder, but for version 11 we could only get it working with full installation of the oracle client.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for ur Answer but it doesnt fix my problem. I ve made all the changes at the lrd.ini u have said but the problem is still there. Are there perhaps someone with a solution for this problem ?

-Jonas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, then I'm out of options.

Good luck !

/ola

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.