Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Problems LR 12.01 Citrix script and sync ...

I recently upgraded from LR 11.52 to LR 12.01. Using a Windows7 64bit machine for the Controller and VUGen. Our Citrix servers are 64bit Windows as well.

I installed LR 12.01 from a clean install, and from the Additional Components folder of the .ISO, I had the Citrix admin install the Agent on the Citrix servers.

Before the upgrade, this line of code was working fine:
ctrx_sync_on_obj_info("NULL=snapshot27", 70, 584, TEXT, "Ready...", CTRX_LAST);

It waits for an operation to finish. When I see the text "Ready" in the status bar I know that the operation is complete, and I can end the transaction.

That function no longer works since the LR upgrade to 12.01.

I have tried to recapture the function from the snapshot and ended up with this:
ctrx_sync_on_obj_info("NULL=snapshot_10", 40, 591, TEXT, "Ready...", CTRX_LAST);  

It also does not work.

ctrx_get_text() is also not working for me. It just returns an empty string when I can clearly see the text on the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

0 Likes
4 Replies
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problems LR 12.01 Citrix script and sync ...

Greetings Speedmaster,

Hoping you are doing well!

Based on the problem you are facing. I can recommend you to try the following listed below: 

Citrix Troubleshooting and Limitation of version 12.01

• Capturing Empty Text: In certain Windows 7 installations, Vugen captures empty text during a Citrix recording. A workaround 
  1. Open Start > Control Panel > System and Sercurty > System > Advanced system settings. The System Properties dialog box opens. 
  2. Select the Advanced Tab, click the settings button in the Performance section. 
  3. In the Peformance Options dialog box click the Visual Effects Tab. 
  4. Clear the check box adjacent to the last option. Use visual styles on windows and buttons.

I also recommend you to regenate the script, if you do this task separately from the recommendation above, in order to see if he regenerating the script again. It will displayed the last content from previous version.

Please let us know about that and hoping this could help you.

Kind Regards,

Alexis Brenes

If this or any post help you to resolve the issue. please mark this as "Accepted Solution" and other members can benefit with the information given. 

A Kudo will be much appreciate it.

Speedmaster

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, Alexis.

I just heard from our Citrix admin and it looks like something happened to the LR/Citrix Agent on the Citrix server side. So they're going to redeploy and I'll test again in the AM.

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again Speedmaster,

Thanks for your feedback 

In addition of the above suggestions, I have attached the LoadRunner User Guide, please check the page 531 and so on. You will find some troubleshooting and limitations about the Citrix Vugen. 

Awaiting for your prompt reply as soon as you can test it.

Kind Regards,

Alexis Brenes

Spoiler
Spoiler

If this or any post help you to resolve the issue. please mark this as "Accepted Solution" and other members can benefit with the information given. 

A Kudo will be appreciate it a lot!

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, Alexis. I checked those Windows properties and that item was already off.

I created a new script in 12.01 and context sensitive sync functions work in some places, but it still does not work on the status bar.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.