Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Problems with IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0.4

Hi, I strugle with creating test scripts for Cognos 11. I can't find any relevant info in the net for this version. There is however detailed PDF for previous version 10.1  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/performance/load_testing/page584-pdf.pdf

Does anyone of you already had a chanse to create working scripts for this version of IBM Cognos?

I'll appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problems with IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0.4

Hi,

Which protocol did you try?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Web - HTTP/HTML

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you please describe the issues you encountered? Did you succeed to record the application? Did you face issues in correlating data? other?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

I was able to record the application and replay it with success, but when I double check reply it seems to be not working as great as it seems on the first look.

I record with following settings:
1. Cognos uses Single Sign On
2. I record on Windows 7, IE 11
3. Protocol: Web - HTTP/HTML
4.  Recording Options -> Network -> Mapping and Filtering = VinINet level data
5. Runtime Settings -> Internet Protocol -> Preferences -> Use WinInet replay instead of Sockets (Windows only)

Problems:
1. Error 404 on:
web_url("cvContentView.html", 
"URL=http://serverXXX/ibmcognos/bi/js/classicviewer/templates/cvContentView.html?v=5",   - I had to comment this part out to be able to proceed with replay.
2. Last step for web_custom_request shows The absolute affinity request 'asynchWait_Request' failed, the requested session does not exist. in Snapshot layout for replay

Any advice on how to approach it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

In addition, it's worth to mention that Vugen doesn't find any async connection and during replay I always get:

RSV-BBP-0022
The absolute affinity request 'asynchWait_Request' failed, the requested session does not exist.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

If you can share a script with recorded data and replay logs in extended level we can investigate it internally.

If you wish to do so please send me a private message and we will take it from there

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Shlomi,

We have upgraded our Cognos envt. from IBM Cognos 10.X version to Cognos Analytics 11.1.5. Earlier we have followed standard pdf doc to script using web http protocol. Here is the link for old version to script Cognos reports (http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/dw/dm/cognos/performance/load_testing/scripting_basic_report_execution_using_loadrunner.pdf)

However when I record script in our latest Cognos Analytics 11.1.5 envt. script recorded differently for dynamic (correlation) values like actionstate, executionParameters, contextid, tracking, conversation which will record when we script any cognos application. Is there any standard procedure document that we can follow to script Cognos Analytics 11.1.5 v. Please do needful.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.