Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Protocol Advisor in LR 12.53

Jump to solution

Is the protocol Advisor removed from LR 12.53, I am not able to see that in LR 12.53 community edition.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Protocol Advisor in LR 12.53

Jump to solution

Hi Anil,

Yes - Protocol advisor was removed in 12.53.

See the readme in this location.

Thanks,

Lior

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anil,

Yes - Protocol advisor was removed in 12.53.

See the readme in this location.

Thanks,

Lior

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior, Thanks for the update,

but why this feature removed which is very helpful in deed to start with new application testing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anil,

I guess that after alot of considertions and feedback from customers, it was decided to remove it.                                            

there are better and more effective ways to determain which is the needed protocol such as Wireshark and the list of protocols in the documentaiton which details the usage of each protocol and can help you in choosing the right one.

hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

To buy HP Loadrunner license we should determine the protocol of the applicatoin. Since HP removed this feature now, it would be difficult for the test anlaysts like me.

Any other alternative approach for this?

Thanks,
Sammeta

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I agree in the need of the tool, there might be customer that are not aware of the purpose of the tool, but everytime I tested a new application I used to use the protocol advisor tool to determinate the best protocol to use, without this tool you have to read tons of documentation and still try to guess the best approach.

MicroFocus should care for the customers and bring back Protocol advisor tool.

Josue A. Chavez D.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sholdn't remove the protocol advisor feature even if getting false results sometimes.

Was making our ways easier and reducing soo much of time before scripting.

Please take this feedback in account.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.