Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Questions re: using Analysis with SLAs ...

Jump to solution

I've got some scenarios, I've added some SLAs for average response time. But when I run the analysis it looks like any transaction that had any individual response time go over the threshold I set is is marked as failed, in spite of the average time clearly being below the threshold I set.

I would expect the transactions to fail only if the average was over the threshold. Am I misunderstanding this, or doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Chris,

LoadRunner SLA for average transaction response time is misleading in its' implementation. The average value is calculated per internal time buckets and if there was a sample of response time within this internal time buckets that violated the threshold, the SLA is declared as failed. This is the current design. I agree it is misleading and actually might be more rigorous than 99th percentile in extreme cases.

For the above reason we have introduced the ability to define percentile SLA which does not work on time buckets and is more transparent in its' implementation. I advice using it.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Chris,

Could you please share a screenshot from the configuration of your SLAs.

Thanks

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Chris,

LoadRunner SLA for average transaction response time is misleading in its' implementation. The average value is calculated per internal time buckets and if there was a sample of response time within this internal time buckets that violated the threshold, the SLA is declared as failed. This is the current design. I agree it is misleading and actually might be more rigorous than 99th percentile in extreme cases.

For the above reason we have introduced the ability to define percentile SLA which does not work on time buckets and is more transparent in its' implementation. I advice using it. 

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Chris,

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Sure.

SLA.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, Shlomi.  🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.