Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Questions with Truclient Click On Steps

Jump to solution

i am looking into a problem with TruClient IE where the script needs to mouse over a menu object, then click on an item in the resulting menu pop-up. i found that often, the pop-up menu item is clicked OK. but sometimes, the pop-up menu "disappears" and the script then happens to click on a button that is underneath the pop-up menu.

so this raises a few questions;

- why does that pop-up menu disappear during the replay and how to prevent that from happening while the click is still in progress? (by the way, this doesn't seem to happen when using Truclient Firefox).

- on closer inspection of the Click on steps, there is an Object section to denote the object to click on. but then, there is also an Arguments section that contains things like X Coordinate and Y Coordinate. so what does the click use, the object or the coordinates? why are coordinates needed? if it is using the coordinates, does this explain why sometimes when the pop-up "disappears", that an underlying unintended object ends up getting clicked?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Questions with Truclient Click On Steps

Jump to solution

Hi BAC Man,

Can you try the following to see if it solves the issue..

1. Disable the mouse over step that opens the menu

2. Change the click step identification method to XPath or Descriptors

3. Replay the script

If the menu item was properly clicked I recommend using this approach. 

Thanks,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi BAC Man,

Can you try the following to see if it solves the issue..

1. Disable the mouse over step that opens the menu

2. Change the click step identification method to XPath or Descriptors

3. Replay the script

If the menu item was properly clicked I recommend using this approach. 

Thanks,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

The suggested method does work. But it's still not clear why the original method did not, or why its Click on step required an object and coordinates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I believe the automatic identificaiton fails since the drop down menu is closed before TruClient succeeds to click on it.

I think it is not a matter of coordinates, but we will take a look at this use case internall to double check

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.