Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

RDP earlier clicks

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm testing the program through the RDP. When I've been recording script, the program worked faster, when I replayed this script. So, LR Controller clicked earlier, than necessary, and logical error happened in the testing process.

What I need to do to avoid this situation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: RDP earlier clicks

Jump to solution

Hello

I recommend that you use one of these function call to "Wait" for X to happen or finish happening before clicking. The lr_think_time is to simulate the User waiting or "reading" a page and should never be inside(between) at Start transaction and End transaction marker.

• rdp_sync_object_mouse_click  -- Waits for an object to have a specified attribute value, and then executes a mouse click operation on the object.

• rdp_sync_on_image  -- Waits until an image appears on, or disappears from, the RDP client window.

• rdp_sync_on_text -- Pauses script execution until a specified string appears in the specified area before resuming.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.56-12.57/help/function_reference/Content/FuncRef/RDP/etc/lrFuncRef_RDPC_Alphbtcl_List_Funcs.htm

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

You can use the lr_think_time, 

Here you have the link with the informaton: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.53/help/function_reference/FuncRef.htm#c_vuser/lrFr_lr_think_time.htm?Highlight=think

Regards, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks! But I tried it already. there is a problem: load testing implies that I want to know the time between operations. And If I use lr_think_time, then it turn out that I set it manually. And testing results will be fake.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello

I recommend that you use one of these function call to "Wait" for X to happen or finish happening before clicking. The lr_think_time is to simulate the User waiting or "reading" a page and should never be inside(between) at Start transaction and End transaction marker.

• rdp_sync_object_mouse_click  -- Waits for an object to have a specified attribute value, and then executes a mouse click operation on the object.

• rdp_sync_on_image  -- Waits until an image appears on, or disappears from, the RDP client window.

• rdp_sync_on_text -- Pauses script execution until a specified string appears in the specified area before resuming.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.56-12.57/help/function_reference/Content/FuncRef/RDP/etc/lrFuncRef_RDPC_Alphbtcl_List_Funcs.htm

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.