Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

RDP protocol multi-users

Jump to solution

Hi! Can you tell me, how can I use RDP protocol script in Controller with multi-users (script recorded by VuGen)? Where I need to choose their usernames / passwords? I type it only once, when I recoded the script. So, I load rdp script into Controller, run the test, and nothing happed with the testing machine, even I set amount of vusers to 1. What I'am doing wrong?..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: RDP protocol multi-users

Jump to solution

Hi,

When you RDP script the session login is part of the script logic (rdp_connect_server function). To use different users you need to parametrize the login details.

Regards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

When you RDP script the session login is part of the script logic (rdp_connect_server function). To use different users you need to parametrize the login details.

Regards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ok, I created RDP script (it replace text in text file). I made sure, that it work fine in VuGen. Next, I add this script into Controller. I open the list of users, next I tap in the "Run" button. I wait half a minute when the process completes. Next, I check the file on the testing machine, and it turned out to be old. Next I run this script again with VuGen, and text file changed. Why the script does not work with the Controller? Even if it's writing me "succeed"....

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hard to tell. You need to troubleshoot based on your common sense.
1. Check the log.
2. Activate snapshot on error.
3. Add debug messages in the script.
4. Ensure that the script logs on to the same session you connect to from VuGen and manually.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

OK! Great! The main question now is: How to activate snapshot on error?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

There is an option in runtime settings > miscellaneous tab for it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.