Highlighted
New Member.

RDP session records garbage and does not replay and RDP client config file not working

Hi,

I am fairly new to Loadrunner and for our IT department I am now due to evaluate RDP application performance with Loadrunner.

I am encountering 2 problems, which prevent me from getting anything accomplished.

1. Even though I configure in RDP options to use my own RDP config file (for automatic login with username and password), VuGen does not login successfully with it. Instead the connection is established and I get a normal terminal server login screen where I need to type in username and password

2. VuGen seems to be recording mostly garbage input into the script from the RDP session . It records mouse movements, even though I am not using the mouse.  When I do a replay of a recorded RDP session, the replay stops with error 13 after just a few lines of the script. When I look into the script the recorded keystrokes and mouse movements make no sense and do not represent the actual keystrokes I performed during recording.

What am I missing here ? It seems like VuGen is not compatible with my RDPclient ?

Needless to say - When I use RDP without VuGen and my own RDP config file everything works as expected - I get successfully logged into the Terminal Server.

I have VuGen 12.55 build 0911 on Windows 10 (Version 1709).

Thanks in advanced for help!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: RDP session records garbage and does not replay and RDP client config file not working

Win 10 1709 has some upgrade on RDP protocol. Please try with 12.56 for the unneeded mouse event.

For automatic login please consult support engineer about credssp recording.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.