Highlighted
New Member.

Random Data from VTS

Can we choose random data from VTS table? If yes, please let me know how to.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Random Data from VTS

Hello, 

Could you please check this forum: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/How-to-use-VTS/td-p/578671

You will find an important information for your request. 

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

JorgeDuran, you've provided a URL that does not answer the question. The question is still unanswered, and I too am looking for a solution to this problem.

Cheers,

E.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I don't have the functions in front of me but I'll walk you through the pseudo-code.

1. find the number of rows in the column you care about

2. use a function in C or JS to choose a random number between 1 and the number you found above, let's call it 'n'

3. retrieve the nth row from the column you care about

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.