Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Random number parameter generating same value in truclient

Hi,

I want to use some random values, so i created a parameter with Random Number in truclient. But when i call this parameter in Truclient script, it's generating same value every time(2147483647). Tried deleting and creating the parameter multiple times, same result. Need some help on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Random number parameter generating same value in truclient

Hi, 

What's your expect behavior for getting the parameter? The  default behavior of TC will update the parameter in each iteration. For detail information please check the document.  Find the function of TC.getParam. A simplified workflow of this feature is

1. Add parameter from the parameter dialog

2. Modify the iteration number in runtime setting

We can also control the frequence of the update time by the drop down list. Currently we support  each iteration, each occurance and once.  

BTW from the upper drop down list we can control how to get the value, such as sequencial, random or unique. 

Edwin_0-1588898027532.png

Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Edwin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hi @Edwin ,

Thanks for your response. But my question is when i replay the Truclient script, the parameter is always generating same value for each iteration. I have all tried all combinations of different options in the parameter configuration.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Jass_QA,

It's difficult to identify the problem with limited information provided. Can you provide more details? How parameter is set? How parameter is used in your script?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Jass_QA 

Thanks for the feedback. Is it possbile to share your script or only contain the steps relative to the random parameters? This will help us identify the issue thank you. 

Best regards, 

Edwin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.