Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Reading writing Excel files via web script

We have a requirement to upload unique files however some IDs inside the files are dynamic. I was trying to create a DLL from Visual Studio in Visual Basic language and use it in web script. I am currently unsuccesful to do so; i tried calling DLL function as per help and also tried searching the web.

Do we have any steps or best practices on how to create DLLs and use them in Web Script? Any pointers or link will be greatly helpful.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Reading writing Excel files via web script

Are you able to load a standard windows DLL and call a function from it? E.g use Kernel32.dll and call GetTickCount().

Are you able to make an simple C or C++ program that uses your DLL? That will prove more or less that LR can use it also.

Did you consider the differences between 32 and 64 bit?

Not sure if there are different standard calling convensions for C/C++ DLLs and VB DLLs.

A total different route might be: Write and CSV file and covert it to xlsx via CSV2XLSX. Looks like standalone program (I've no experience with it).

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Reading writing Excel files via web script

i had tried kernel.dll sometime ago, i will check that dll again.

for other parts; i wanted directions or literature.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.