Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Record Windows Application(USD) with Vugen

Hi ,

I have a windows application Microsoft USD, need to record this application in Vugen.

The aplication flow is , Login to USD and it connects to MicrosoftDynamics CRM , then perform few operations(New Contact,Search Contact) and close the USD application.

I couldn't find the desired protocol for this. 

Tried Web(HTTP\HTML) but it generates normal XML related codes. So unable to verify it.

Kindly let me know the protocol to be used and any changes to be done in Vugen.

Thanks,

Arunkumar.K

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Record Windows Application(USD) with Vugen

Hi

I'm not familiar with USD application, but the best practice to ascertain the needed protocol for any type of application is to record its network transport with WireShark, analyze the traffic and see the communication protocol.

from that output, you can ascertain the needed prototocol.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Because this is a windows application the best way to create a useful test script is to try an UI protocol like RDP or Citrix protocol. Using Web protocol is not an option here because you don't know what data and format is used by the application to communicate.

I believe you best option here is RDP protocol.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the update.

I too though the same, tried recordig with Web(Http\HTML) but it returned a XML format coding. I am unable to verify app launch and Login successfully.

As per your suggestion for RDP Protocol, Do i need to launch a remote server via Vugen and then connect to USD application installed in that remote server?

OR

Is there any way to launch directly the USD application through RDP protocol.? I tried this option but it is not working.

Thanks,

Arunkumar.K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

For the RDP protocol you do not need to launch any server, just enable RDP (and allow initial program to be launched) on the remote machine and install your application. You can try if the configuration by starting Remote Desktop and on Programs tab specify the program to be started. Then you can open Remote Desktop again and save this configuration to an rdp file, click Save As under Connection settings. You can use it in Vugen on recording options in order to record an RDP script.

You can launch an application automatically from RDP, for recording i have used an rdp file. For replay you have in Runtime Settings->Configuration fields to specify the program to be run on connection.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I am also looking into this. Have you had any luck?

Thanks 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.