Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Recording Citrix XenApp 6 + Online Client 12 on VU Gen 11.04

Hi All,

I have been trying since the previous week to record a citrix script using the VU Gen but i am not able to do it. I have done citrix scripting for good time now , but those were with the previous version. Currently the specifications are

VU Gen version : 11.0 with patch 4 (ultimately 11.04)

Citrix Client version : 12.1

Citrix XenApp version : 6

OS in use                    : Windows 7

All these times, i have recorded citrix scripts with VU Gen 9.52 along with Citrix 11.0 client. But after all the udpates in HP Loadrunner and citrix client version, I am not able to record any script.

When i start to record, the ICA WIndows opens and it says "Unsupported Function"

Can someone please help me in recording this.

Thanks in Advance

Nikunj

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

I'm using a similar setup and VuGen is recording the Citrix scriptsworks fine without any problems.

Only difference is I'm using Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) instead of Windows 7 but this shouldn't matter anyway.

However, you can experience problems if you have upgraded the Citrix client to 12.1 after installing VuGen so try reinstalling the Citrix client again and then running the registry script when you first try to record a script in VuGen that updates the registry with the Citrix client version being used.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Load Runner is having Citrix _ ICA protocol, I am surprised how were you able to record the XenApp Citrix with Load Runner. We are also facing the same issue ( recording XenApp Citrix Application recording with Load Runner). So Kindly let me know if you are successfully recorded.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.