Highlighted
New Member.

Recording Citrix XenApp 7.14 Secure Browser with LoadRunner 12.53

Hi,

I am trying to record a Citrix XenApp 7.14 Secure Browser via Storefront using HPE Load Runner 12.53.

I have followed the steps to setup the environment described in https://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.55/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/129550_t_how_to_configure_citrix_client_server.htm

- I have downloaded and installed Citrix HTML5 client in VUGen machine

- I disabled DEP in the VUGen machine

- I selected multi protocol (Citrix and HTTP Web)

- I selected Chrome browser and storefront URL as the starting point URL

When I start recording, the load runner can launch the storefront and it seems to be able to record as there is no error when I access the app and launch+navigate the secure browser.

But when I try to playback the recorded session, it can only playback up until storefront login. It stops when it tries to launch secure browser app with error message saying:

Error:Citrix client was not found.

Error:This environment is not ready to record/replay Citrix scripts.

Warning: Extension CitrixClientImpl.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerProcessInitialize

Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason - thread call wasn’t initialised

What did I do wrong?

I have searched in Internet and this forum and cannot really find similar issues as mine.

Thanks in advanced for the response

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Recording Citrix XenApp 7.14 Secure Browser with LoadRunner 12.53

Hi,

Citrix HTML5 client is actually a web application that opens in browser and was designed by Citrix (company) to be an alternative to Citrix Receiver that you install on machine. That is why you get the error that citrix client was not found because Citrix Receiver is not installed.

You can not record and replay Citrix HTML5 client using LR Citrix+Web protocol because this is not Citrix protocol . LR Citrix protocol is based on ica configuration file that you open in Citrix Receiver even if you open it from StoreFront.

Because Citrix HTML5 is a web application you can record/replay it only with TruClient, however i believe there will be some limitations. You can not use Web protocol because this app is running a lot of javascript code, data is communicated over websockets and was designed to be proprietary in nature (obfuscated javascript that will be hard to understand).

Best regards

Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Recording Citrix XenApp 7.14 Secure Browser with LoadRunner 12.53

Thanks for the response.

Right now I dont have access to the testing environment and will only be able to have access to that next week. 

If I understand correctly, following are the changes/actions I need to do

- Install Citrix Receiver (not HTML5 Receiver)

- Configure LR to multi protocol Citrix + TruClient

- Start LR recording by visiting Citrix StoreFront via browser (Chrome)

Can I confirm that the above steps are correct?

Thanks 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.