Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Recording of SAP BO analysis for excel tool report

Hello,

I am in need to automate and performance test SAP BO Analysis for excel reports.

To elaborate, the scenario is as below -

1. I login to the SAP Business Objects system using a URL through browser.

2. Once authenticated the SAP Business Objects system sends a file with extension '.sapaox'.

3. This file is opened using Analysis for Microsoft excel (This is basically Microsoft excel with a plugin fron SAP which has the ability to communicate with SAP Business Warehouse systems).

4. Once the file is opened I do certain modifications that leads to fetching of the data from the SAP Business Warehouse systems.

Based on the description above the scenario deals party with web related protocol and another kind of protocol to deal with the SAP Business Warehouse systems. To provide better clarification I have captured WireShark logs for the same which shows the communication happening in HTTP/XML and TCP protocols. Going through the request and responses sent through the HTTP/XML protocol I see that they are SOAP messages. The SOAP messages exchanged during authentication only (Step 1 and 2). Later onwards its just TCP exchanges. So partly this is clear.

I am working on getting it recorded and will update the post as and when I get something.

Meanwhile any input as to what is the most suitable approch and protocol to be used in this particular scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Manu

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Recording of SAP BO analysis for excel tool report

Any inputs?? HPE experts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue did you find a way to performance test this.

Please reply.

Thanks,

Marirajan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Manu, Are you able to solve the issue. Anyone please let me know if you were able to solve the similar issue.

I am testing a SAP BO Analysis report.

1. Analysis add in installed on excel.

2. Steps load excel and select SAP BO BI Platform1_step.PNG

3. Login to the application

2_Step.PNG

4. After login the authentication passes and opens the below screen. Navigate to the report i want and click on OK. It opens the the excel file with prompts to choose/enter the values

3_Step.PNGExcel file with prompts

4_Step.PNG5. Once i select the input values and click ok the report opens in excel.

6. I analysed the loadrunner script seems this is SOAP and XML request. Web protocol is able to record. But for the step where i am passing the values the values i am passing are not getting recorder.

7. Couple of things i noticed in script there is

-  one value that is getting recoded in XML as a sql query. Not able to correlate

- there second issue is the values i am passing is not getting recorded in the request.

8. I tried Fiddler also same thing values being passed is not getting recorded on the request.

Anyone had similar issue and able to solve. Please advise. Thanks for your Advise.

Vikki

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.