Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Remove license from machine that contains other liceses

Hi,

I commited test for client that has server with LR9.5 and he also havve many licenses installed such as

citrix 70,web 250, oracle.

I installed for the specific test license for web 1000 suers (additional license of web).

Now when the project is finished I need to remove the license without uninstall application

and without deleting other licenses.

How can it be done ?:smileysurprised:

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Remove license from machine that contains other liceses

There's no direct solution. Typically licenses are locked to a host id and either exist permanently or for a tempoary period. You should contact HP themselves with your requirements but in general a licence is not something you can keep in your back pocket and take around with you from site to site (not anymore, not since dongles got phased out and even then there were restrictions).

Oliver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I asked how to remove the licese. All knows that license is relevant only to specific machine (host id).

Since I finished the project the license should be removed in order to prevent others from using it.

If somebody do know how, I will be greatfull.

Thanks to all

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As per my last, there is no direct solution. As in: you can't. Not possible. Can't be done. Where I use the word 'direct' it implies that I am talking about supported options. Now, it could be the case that you might be able to ferret around in the registry and remove the licence that way but this is pretty unwise and if I were your client I would be extremely unhappy with you doing such risky stuff.

The things is why take the risk? The licence is installed, it was assigned to that PC specifically by HP (hence the host id) so it's paid for, so why would you need to remove it? If for some reason you really don't want other people to use it after you leave then ask them nicely not to - that's about your best option here. If on the other hand you personally paid for this licence then I refer to my last and suggest you contact the licencing dept. to see about getting a transfer. But if it was paid for by the 'project' then it remains with them, no?

Oliver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

There seesm to be a "cleanup license" one probably can request through a service request.

Your situation to the below seem to be somewhat alike: 

Controller on a certain host, running (unpatchedm as of yet) version 12.57 of LoadRunner.
A license file which hasn't expired and which is locked to this host.
Controller contains expired licenses.

When adding the new (valid) license file, as verified by "View License File Contrent", and clicking Install, one might get an error messages:

Failed to install license
Other licenses except cleanup license cannot be installed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.