Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Request response time and browser rendering time in load runner

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Could you please help us on find the request response time and browser rendering time in load runner

In web protocol for one of the scenario contains 5 transactions like 1) Launch 2) Login 3) Click something 4) Click submit 5) logout

Manually when I do the 4th transaction like submit button it is taking nearly 40 secs to process and paint the request in UI

But, when i execute the same in load runner only that 4th transaction it is taking 2 secs duration to complete the request and rest I am managing with think time to process the request in UI

My understanding is it took only 2 secs time to send the request from client and response from server ? and rest 38 secs it took to render and paint the response in UI ?

Is this is right ? and if I want to give both the response time (2 sec) of transaction and browser rendering time (38 sec) in load runner is it possible ?

Regards,

Manoj Thota

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Request response time and browser rendering time in load runner

Jump to solution

hi,

Web (HTTP/HTML) is a transport protocol, therefor it will not emulate any browser rendering.

if you need to measure transactions with rendering time you can use TruClient protocol.

the best practice is to use 80-20 approach, 80% of the VUsers in the scenario should be transport level and 20% TruClient VUsers. using this methodology you can have a full prespective of the load test, from user prespective (TruClient) and from the transport level.

Micro Focus Performance Core.
Functional Architect
your performance, our passion!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

hi,

Web (HTTP/HTML) is a transport protocol, therefor it will not emulate any browser rendering.

if you need to measure transactions with rendering time you can use TruClient protocol.

the best practice is to use 80-20 approach, 80% of the VUsers in the scenario should be transport level and 20% TruClient VUsers. using this methodology you can have a full prespective of the load test, from user prespective (TruClient) and from the transport level.

Micro Focus Performance Core.
Functional Architect
your performance, our passion!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Can you please clarify "render" Does this mean the point in time at which the content has been displayed in the user's viewport?

I'm trying to run a test to measure the time it took for an important element such as a hero image on the page to actually display, as opposed to download.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.