Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Response Time of each tier in 3-tier architecture Application

Hi,

I am working on 3-tier architecture application (Client > Webserver > Database)

I want to bifurcation the response time in client > webserver > database.

Using Loadrunner, can we get the response of each tier in 3-tier architecture application?

If it is possible then could you please explain me how we can get the response time of each tier.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

You can setup an SLA in the controller. I would rather get system statistics from the actual server themselves to prevent any ... interference.

For instance ...

If the database is oracle, print out the AWR from whenever the test ran.

If the webserver is unix based, run IO STATS (vm, mp, pr, io)

If the application is running reports, use the application performance area to tell you overall.

There are ways to do it in LR but I prefer to do it "the easy way" which in this case is to get it from the system itself. Then it is more inclusive, and you can really break it down to any potential bottlenecks within your system. For instance, if the I/O wait is high in your database you can tweak it from there etc ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A 3-tier application is an application program that is organized into three major parts, comprising of data access layer tier at the bottom, the application tier (business logic) in the middle and the client tier (Presentation) at the top and each tier is distributed to a different place or places in a network. These tiers do not necessarily correspond to physical locations on various computers on a network, but rather to logical layers of the application. More about....3-tier

Tomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Use Web Page Diagnostic in Controller for tier breakdown (or) get the logs from each tier for the executed time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.