Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Retrieve measures from TruClient szenario

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I´m currently evaluating LoadRunner 2020 for a web application test to be run with a lot of vusers.

So right now, I´m using the free community edition in order to create and evaluate the szenario.

I´m using a TruClient script with TruClient Browser which is working fine when being in developing mode on Virtual User Generator.

Now to proceed, I was creating a szenario in LoadRunner Controller to run lets say 30 users at once. Due to the script procedure is creating some items, I see it is runnung well when starting the szenario.

Unfortunately, I do not see any useful metrics with neither LoadRunner Controller nor Analysis.

First of all, it appears, none of my scripts iterations end successfully, since the counter for passed and failed transactions stays at 0. But within VuGen they pass successfully.

For the analysis I mostly need the following:

- Runtime of a script iteration

- Runtime of each step within an iteration (if possible)

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve these measures?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Retrieve measures from TruClient szenario

Jump to solution

Hi @LF_HV,

Glad to hear I can help some.

Regarding timeouts, it's too general to provide a specific suggest to you. I'd suggest to read TruClient help doc. It's better to read most of the content, to get a full understand of TruClient. Then, search "Timeout" in help doc, there are some results could help.

Regarding result of transactions, again, it's too general. I'd suggest to read LoadRunner help doc, especially content about transaction graphs. I'd suggest to read most of the content, especially the content about Controller, graphs in Controller, Analysis, graphs and reports in Analysis.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @LF_HV,

If the script fails, you will see error message in Controller. If there is no error message, probably the script runs successfully.

If the counter of both passed and failed transaction is 0, please make sure transactions were added.

Please try adding transactions. If it doesn't solve your issue, more information is needed to locate the problem.

1. Are VUsers stuck in Init phase?

2. The Controller scenario file and the TruClient script file are valuable to identify the problem.

Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @Alex Zhou ,

thanks a lot first of all!!!

The hint to add transactions was pretty much the thing I was looking for.

So my szenario is running more or less fine. I´m facing a lot of timeouts within my script which is quite odd but obviously related to the script or application.

However the report still lacks an overview of my transactions with usable data.

On the dashboard I see now "Top Transactions by duration" (see attached) which is a summary ofy exactly the data I need. But where to get the raw data of this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @LF_HV,

Glad to hear I can help some.

Regarding timeouts, it's too general to provide a specific suggest to you. I'd suggest to read TruClient help doc. It's better to read most of the content, to get a full understand of TruClient. Then, search "Timeout" in help doc, there are some results could help.

Regarding result of transactions, again, it's too general. I'd suggest to read LoadRunner help doc, especially content about transaction graphs. I'd suggest to read most of the content, especially the content about Controller, graphs in Controller, Analysis, graphs and reports in Analysis.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

TruClient is a heavy protocol. You might run into issues if you do not select the proper HW for your Load Generator. Even 30 users can need some CPU's and memory. Have a close look to your LoadGeneraror during your testing (use Task Manager, CPU should stay below 50% with low refresh rate.

You talked about a lot of vusers. What is a lot in your perspective? My experience is when you get higher than a few hundred it is getting very expensive (We normally rent for a few hours machines in AWS for those tasks).

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.