Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Run time viewer shows json data instead of webpage

Hello Team,

We have a script which is traversing a local application. The journey logs into the application and search a query. The issue is, on regular browser we see the webpage, but when we replay, we see server returned Json data on the runtime viewer. How do we make the runtime viewer display the page instead?

Actual browser resultActual browser resultRuntime viewer with Json dataRuntime viewer with Json data

Is there a setting which should be enabled to do this? Please advise. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Run time viewer shows json data instead of webpage

Hi

The run time viewer show the response data we got from the server  .

if we got json we show the json ,

On the record snapshot view at VuGen you can see also a diffrent viewer depend on the data we got and the JS code  

Oren

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The runtime viewer is very crude. I don't believe it executes any client-side JavaScript. I definitely wouldn't count on it for checking any kind of presentation. I only use to get a rough idea of what is being returned.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

We've explained this to the customer and awaiting their response. Thank you all for your replies. Will keep this thread open till the customer reverts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hey,

As per my understanding of run time viewer is to display the raw data received from server. js execution or css formmating is not done on run time viewer as it is not a browser . 

Regards

shashi kant

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I  abhilashhm, 

in my experience with Web HTTP-HTML and Runtime Viewer window, if the source is in Json form it's not possible have an Http View on Snapshot Layout, so you can't replay the script with a Runtime Viewer consistent form: if the Http View is blank or different from the real, Runtime Viewer doesn't show anything. 

Lorenzo

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.