Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SAML 2.0

Hi,

I have recorded a script where in an SAML request and response is generated.

The script is running in VuGen but is failing when ran through ALM. The script is only passing is run locally.

A correlation value is not getting captured while running it in the ALM. But if i copy the script in the Load Generator and run it there in VuGen, the script is passing.

I need to know whether VuGen supports SAML 2.0 and what can be done if it does not support.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SAML 2.0

Hi

I'm not much of an expert in SAML, but from what you describe, the script is passing correctly when replayed from Vugen.

So the answer to your question looks like a "Yes, it is supported".

SAML can be run through HTTP requests as I've seen in the documentation, so it can run in LoadRunner.

Is running through ALM a neccesity for you? have you tried running the script from Controller?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SAML 2.0

Hi,

Are you running it from Performance Center or Controller-ALM inetgration. I assume that from Performance Center, in that case the failure reason is most likely related to the fact the LoadRunner agent runs as a service by default  for PC Host/LG. If you can try configuring the agent to run as a process and see if it changes anything that would be great.

Regardless, please share the error message.

Did you check if the proxy is configured for the windows account that runs the script. Check which windows user/account runs the mdrv.exe process on the Load Generator machine.

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.