Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

SAP BPC EPM Data Manager Package using LoadRunner. LR 12.55 v

Hi all,

I am having issues replaying a BPC script with LR12.55,I used fiddler to capture the traffic and was able to convert to Vugen script. During replay, i am getting below error.

Failed due to a 500 error, almost at the end of the script. The error message is:

[{"code":"UJX_ERROR_003","description":"Invalid value <PACKAGE_GET_PROMPT_REQUEST xmlns=\\
"http at offset 0 expecting null or { for
Action.c(122): data type \\\\TYPE=UJXD_S_PACKAGE_INFO","severity":"error","log_id":"051McY0Q7kY5wB2K0BF62
Action.c(122): m","variables":[{"key":"DATA_TYPE","value":"\\\\TYPE=UJXD_S_PACKAGE_INFO"},{"key":"EXPECTE
Action.c(122): D","value":"null or {"},{"key":"FORMAT_STRING","value":"<PACKAGE_GET_PROMPT_REQUEST xmlns=
Action.c(122): \\"http"},{"key":"OPENING_CHAR","value":""},{"key":"POSITION","value":"0 "},{"key":"RESERV
Action.c(122): ED","value":""}]}]

But one request before the response is not complete, it is only"[]"  instead of the proper table but the HTTP code is OK "200".

Did anyone faced similar issue? 

I was able to complete the scripts for EPM report. But this issue is happening for triggering the Data Manager Package. I have done this in the past using LR 11 v, but didn't had this issue.

Any suggestionns?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: SAP BPC EPM Data Manager Package using LoadRunner. LR 12.55 v

I was able to resolve this issue. Few headers were missing ,Added headers and script got executued sucessfully.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I have a similar issue where I need to record SAP EPM excels using Fiddler.

I got to know that lot of people are able to record EPM with fiddler, but in my case im not able to record it.

Can you let me know if there are any settings that need to be changed in Fiddler.

Currently I am using Fiddler 2 and the version of SAP EPM Add-in is 10.0 SP 29 .NET 4.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Cheran Teja

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Fiddler captures network traffic and you should be able to capture the traffic without any issue. Try checking with network team if any firewalls are interfereing during capturing the traffic via fiddler. 

I didn't do any setting changes. i worked just fine for me.

If you are using LR12.55, you can directly launch excel via Vugen and start recording. I tried this and it works just fine like Fiddler recording.

I selected Web protocol and choose windows applications. Under path mention excel.exe path. Once you start recording, excel should launch and record the events from connecting to EPM.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if any further questions or any issues.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi again,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I got to know that the issue was with the firewall restriction in the machine where i was trying to record the epm application with fiddler. I installed the epm application in a machine where firewall is not restricted which makes me to ask you another question.

Now Excel is recorded with fiddler but when trying to logging in by selecting the connection and providing the credentials, nothing is being recorded wrt connecting the server.

I have tried it multiple times and for once I was successful in recording till the login.

I havent changed any settings change in Fiddler and I was selecting ""Capturing - All Processes".

Can you help me on getting the events connecting to server from epm report???

Thanks in Advance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.