I have been running https based scripts successfully over last few days (to a cloud service) , but suddenly I started seeing below SSL error. Does anyone know the possible reasons for all of a sudden appearance of error..
ssl_handle_status encounter error : SSL_ERROR_SSL, error message : error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Hi, did you go into the Networking and Filtering dialog and set up an entry for the server under test?
we have enabled auto SSL detection under that SSL version selected as "SSL 2/3" and SSL CIPHERS AS"Default Open SSL Ciphers"
As you stated correctly we can't system can't compromise with TLS option. Please help how to avoid below eeror from executin. If replay from vugen, it give error and passing. But if we run from controller then all the errors are accumilating it is going around 500 errors
Action.c(14): ssl_handle_status encounter error : SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, error id : 0 [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Action.c(14): ssl_handle_status encounter error : SSL_ERROR_SSL, error message : error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Action.c(14): ssl_handle_status ssl_handle_status encounter error : SSL_ERROR_SSL when read, retry count = 0 [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Again, using any version of TLS less than 1.2 is foolhardy. If any system in the real world is still using SSL, it should be regarded as broken or, at best, a honeypot. That LoadRunner defaults to suggesting use of SSL 2/3 seems to be some sort of lowest common denominator branch in its logic tree and generally ignored. To be blunt, if your organization has a developer who is ignorant of the fact that SSL was considered broken as of 1996 or so, s/he should be taken to a reeducation camp. TLS 1.3 was accepted as the current version in 2018. TLS 1.2 is acceptable until such time as 1.3 has achieved a critical mass of deployment.
I have update on this issue, when i run this script from my laptop it is working fine, if i run from controller machine then ssl error comes. Is it do with some port or firewall settings. If so please let me know what change i have to do and how to change
I tried setting the SSL version in the Runtime Settings first but that did not seem to work.
For me the option worked : web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION", "TLS1.2");