Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

SSL protocol error when replaying with aws proxy

LR version: 12.02

Problem: The request to connect to the AUT ends up with a SSL error (snippet pasted below). I have mentioned the SSL version using web_set_sockets_options. Interestingly, if I use Fiddler to monitor the requests, the SSL issue doesnt occur. The proxy used in the script is an aws proxy, the same proxy used when accessing the app from the browser on the LG.

I've tried Wininet, it works but I do no want to use that whilst executing a load test. Apart from that, I've tried exporting a certificate from the browser and used that in the script, that dint work either. 

Is anyone able to give some tips to fix this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: SSL protocol error when replaying with aws proxy

Hello Dunfoss. Sadly, there is not snipped of code / replay log in your comment.

Please make sure that the sent request is not missing anything (when compared to the recorded one or from Fiddler), like any security related Headers. If nothing else works. I would suggest opening a new case with support and provide the script with Extended Logs for reviewing.

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: SSL protocol error when replaying with aws proxy

Hi there,

Apologies for not responding to your reply earlier. I've verified the headers and the request itself with requests captured from fiddler. Also, when I run the script with WinInet everything works fine (however I run into HttpSendRequest failures from time to time)

Pasted below is a snippet of code from the vugen logs:

Find.c(54): [SSL:] New SSL, socket=07A49870 [0], connection=proxy.aws.xxx.xxx:8080, target=appUrl:443, SSL=07A87048, ctx=07A08B80, not reused, no session [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Find.c(54): [SSL:] Received callback about handshake completion, connection=appUrl:443, SSL=07A87048, ctx=07A08B80, not reused, session address=007C9C58, with no ID [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Find.c(54): ssl_handle_status encounter error : SSL_ERROR_SSL, error message : error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Find.c(54): Error -27776: SSL protocol error when attempting to connect with host "proxy.aws.xxx.xxx" [MsgId: MERR-27776]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.