Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Same rendzvous name in different scripts

Hi, 

When we have the same rendezvous name in different scripts and these scripts are use in HP LoadRunner Controller, there is currently no way to disable the rendezvous specific to a script. 

Essentially, I wish to know how rendezvous behave if we have scripts that have the same rendezvous name in the test scenario.

Unfortunately, I could not find any answers and hence have to post it here to get some clarification.

Thanks!
Jason

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Same rendzvous name in different scripts

Rendezvous is specific to the script. If you have same name across the scripts, it will not be impacted by the controller. 

When a Vuser executes a script and encounters the rendezvous point, script execution is paused and the Vuser waits for permission from the Controller to continue. After the Vuser is released from the rendezvous, it performs the next task in the script.

Using the Controller, you can influence the level of server load by selecting:

• Which of the rendezvous points will be active during the scenario
  • How many Vusers will take part in each rendezvous

Open the scenario in controller and click on View Rendezvous, in the dialog box, you can Enable/Disable the the rendezvous point. Also, you can specify when the vusers should be released and the timeout.

Thank you,
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | www.QAInsights.com
Learn TruWeb - my Udemy Course "Performance Testing using TruWeb" | https://www.udemy.com/performance-testing-using-truweb/?couponCode=YOUTUBE
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks!

I am aware of how Rendezvous behave and how they can be configured in Controller.

The issue here is if different scripts has the same rendezvous name, I am unable to say I wish to only disable rendezvous in script 1 but enable the rendezvous in script 2.

Do you see the issue here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

in simple give different Rendezvous names in script1 and script2.

or else if want to continue with same Rendezvous name in both the script,

select all the Vusers with are related to "script1" and disable those Vusers,here i am attaching the screenshot

Thanks,

Ravi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.