Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script LR 12v works on LR 11.52v

Our application support only in IE 11 but I am using LR 11.52v and this version don't support IE 11, my question is, If I record a script on LR 12v I can use this script on controller 11.52?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Script LR 12v works on LR 11.52v

Hi,

The answer is no.

1. What makes LoadRunner support IE 11 is not the script but the software the runs it. 11.52 didn't support IE 11 and bringing a script from LR 12 will not fix it

2. There is no forwward compatibility. Meaning, we couldn't expect how a script in version 12.0 will look like when 11.52 was developed. 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes it will work you can try it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In this case specifically it will not work since 11.52 didn't support IE 11. Generally speaking it might work in case the script does not have new functionality in it which was not supported in older version.

Regardless to the above it is not supported.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.