Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Script Transfer to LGs are too slow (~1.5 mbps)

Hi Everyone,

We are using few LR 12.5 controllers behind a corporate firewall. The controllers (all of them) suffer high time to transfer the scripts to LGs (with-in firewall / outside firewall / AWS).

We could observe that the "upload" bandwidth used in the controller while transferring the scripts is ~1.5 - 2 mbps only. 

The actual bandwidth we have is ~300 mbps (Download, Upload), we could confirm this with speedtest.net, also while trying to copy a file from one controller to another LG (within firewall), also while uploading a file from controller to Google Drive, AWS storage etc.

1. Is there any parameters that we can tweak to force the controller to use the full bandwidth?
  2. Is there any port that needs to be opened to facilitate high bandwidth utilization? 
  3. Is there any log file that I can share here for better debug? (steps to create such log, if any)

Unfortunately, upgrading the Controllers to latest version involves too many approvals and process which might take for ever. 

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Script Transfer to LGs are too slow (~1.5 mbps)

Hi,

Testing bandwidth using speedtest.net will show you the bandwidth that is used from Controller to speedtest.net test server. This server is outside your network and may follow a different network path.

You need to check the network bandwidth between Controller and LG, you can try tools like iperf.

Is you script located on a network share ? Did you monitor cpu,disk and ram usage during transfer ?

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Thanks for the response,

As I already mentioned in the question, Yes I could manually transfer a huge file (2+ GB) from controller to LG, just copy / paste without issues. (LG is within firewall)

Yes I've tried the iPerf tool and observed no issues. 

------------------------------------------------------------
Client connecting to 10.25.12.149, TCP port 5001
TCP window size:  208 KByte (default)
------------------------------------------------------------
[  3] local 10.25.12.154 port 17831 connected with 10.25.12.149 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   759 MBytes   637 Mbits/sec

The slowness is observed only when the script transfer is made by Controller to the same LG (within firewall) during the execution process. 

The scripts are in a local drive. 

I feel like the Controller's transfer machanism is the bottleneck here (at least in my case).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Another option maybe you can try :  File -> Manage Zip Files->Export to Zip->Select only Runtime files and then copy zip file, to the controller machine.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

wrote:

Another option maybe you can try :  File -> Manage Zip Files->Export to Zip->Select only Runtime files and then copy zip file, to the controller machine.

Thanks!

Sorry... Its not what we are discussing here. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.