Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Script recording for HTTPS url

Hi Team,

I am confused while recording HTTPS url whether to use socket mode on winlet mode or both.

i tried to record first in socket mode, while replying the script if its fail then will add web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS"); below entry and check whether its work or not?

If it till not work then i go to winlet mode and check tab in preferences -->advanced-->winlet replay instead of sockets(windows only).

Can i know on which condition we have to use one of the obove option as i am only doing this in random mode(if one not work use other).

one more observation in winlet mode response time showing is too much high like 15-18 sec instead of 2-3 secs

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aarya

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Script recording for HTTPS url

Hi,

The default mode should only be Socket.

WinInet mode should only be used a workaround when security connections fail.

WinInet performance indeed slighly lower than Socket, because it has an additional layer - Microsoft API.

LR R&D
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.