Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Scripting for Business Objects (BO) reports.

Hi, If any one know the answers for my following questions please let me know, it will help me for scripting.

1.  I am going to do the Scripting for Business Objects Reports, my doubt is which Protocol I have to use for less scripting issues?

2. What are the main points to remember while doing scripting for BO reports?

3.any Tips and tricks?

Thanks

Raju

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can try to record with Web http/html protocol just like any web based application. I have seen people used the same and did performance testing successfully.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You should use web http/html and just make sure that you understand the unique values to capture.  I have been very successful with this method and the record and playback is almost seamless now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, if you are talking about BOBJ with SAP, then you will need to record with either Web HTTP/HTML or SAP WEB.

If you are familiar with correlation and parameterization, then you should be fine. its not that different from any other Web Script.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did report performance testing developed using MicroStrategy with HTPP/HTML protocol successfully, in the same way U can use the same protocol for BO reports.

onething u need to carefull about Parameterization & correlation parameters that were dynamically need to be captured.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.