Contributor.
Contributor.

Send VUsers over a firewall with both Controller and Load Generator on my side

Hi everyone,

You can find the beginning of my issue on this post https://community.microfocus.com/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/Can-the-MI-Listener-be-on-the-same-Machine-as-the-Controller-IF/m-p/1605232#M21172 already answered.

I have a case where the system I have to make my load tests on is on a network with no more IP adresses available.

I already know the best practices, if I want to run Load Generator through firewall, I should use MI Listener, and have my LG on the same network as my system. It's not possible here.

So the question is, how can I send VUsers on this system over a firewall, if both my controller and my LG are on the same side of the firewall ?

I think it's possible (even if it don't respect the good practice guide), but I don't manage to find it on this forum.

If this question has already an answer, feel free to simply link the answer and I'll close this post

I of course remain at your disposal for any further information and hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you for any help,

Regards,

Arnaud

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.