Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting up GWT-DFE for Cloud-based hosted solution

I am attempting to record a script that involves logging into a cloud-based, hosted solution. After I log in there, I can access the test version of our web application.  I log in to the web application and then click a button, and then log out. I'm getting a warning that says that GWT content has been identified and to consider using GWT DFE. I've researched it some, but apparently you need to have access to the .war file for the website, which resides on the server. I don't believe I can get access to the .war file.

My question is, can I still create and run a script to do what I need to do in this situation? Is GWT DFE necessary?

I am using HP Virtual User Generator 12.53.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Setting up GWT-DFE for Cloud-based hosted solution

I am using HTTP/HTML protocol. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Setting up GWT-DFE for Cloud-based hosted solution

Hi,

Please first look into the transport (you can look in the web_custom_request) to check that there is GWT transport (a request/response with pipes, for example 7|0|6|<url>|<class_name>|..)

If you see this, is meens that there is GWT transport, and to be able to parse it (to more readable XML) you need the application WAR file.

If you do not have access to the WAR file, you can still record / replay the script. But the script will be less human readable.

For more information please look GWT blog post

Thanks,

Yoav

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.