Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Setting up multiple loadgen to a single controller

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to setup the following configuration. A single Controller connected to 10 different load generator machines. I tried adding loadgen using scenario-load genetors-add option but I do not see an option to connect to different machines available on the network. Would appreicate some help on this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Setting up multiple loadgen to a single controller

Jump to solution

Hi,

you just need to launch the "Load Generagors" dialog, then double click an empty cell of the "Name" column, type your load-generator IP address or the full host machine name, after that you can select the target row by clicking the left side of the row, then click "Connect" button, or select the row and right click to show the context menu then perform next.

after clicking the "Connect", it will automatically detect your load gen's OS platform...

lg_connect.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Please see this documentation part on adding load generators to a controller.

Let us know if more information is needed.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. When I try to add an on-premise load gen, the pop-up has options to add Name, Platform and temp directory. How do I make it connect to a remote load-gen, I do not see options to add IP or machine name in any of the tabs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

The "Name" field can contain machine name or IP address.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

you just need to launch the "Load Generagors" dialog, then double click an empty cell of the "Name" column, type your load-generator IP address or the full host machine name, after that you can select the target row by clicking the left side of the row, then click "Connect" button, or select the row and right click to show the context menu then perform next.

after clicking the "Connect", it will automatically detect your load gen's OS platform...

lg_connect.png

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.