Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Single User vs Multiple User

Hello,

I have a application to test with 20 users, but admin team is unable to created 20 test account. Can i put 1 test id in script and give 20 as user count in sceanrio? What difference that would make?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Single User vs Multiple User

1. If the test case is related to submit, update or delete order/item then you will face the issue. Because 1 user will submit the order but did not get to delete/update it.

2. The application should support multiple logins from same login ID.

From the performance perspective, there is less impact (definitely there is). Because you are putting the same load either with one or multiple users. Please note server should treat each Vuser (even with the same ID) as individual users and generate 20 different sessions.  

Regards,
Gagandeep Malviya

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Gagandeep,

So you are saying that, even if i have to excecute test with 100 users, i still can have one test id in my script and just give 100 number in controller sceanrio and execute the test? Will this create 100 session from backend. Provided application allows multiple logins?

if i keep login in Int, main item in action and logoff under end, will that work as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

If your application allows multiple logins with same user id to login and functionality is not relates to add, delete or modify then it should work fine with 100 users and it creates 100 seperate user sessions.

if i keep login in Int, main item in action and logoff under end, will that work as well? : Yes it should work fine.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.