Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Sites for Practice

Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me some sites (except WebTours), that I can practice testing in Loadrunner?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Sites for Practice

Hi

This depends on what you want to "practice".

If it is scripting and replaying with one or two vusers, this can be done on almost any site as it will not put any load on the system and will not differ from other traffic.

If you want to put load on the system, and see how it behaves when put on load, then you need to have an own application on own servers. Otherwise this will be seen as hostile and can lead to actions, leagal in worst case.

Or are you after an example of a "good" application to install on your own servers to load?

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Here you go ! If its for scripting purpose.

http://loadrunnertips.com/

There is a tab called "Correlation Challenge" - you can use it for your learning purpose.

Thanks,

Sivaprakash C

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi OlaBerggren,

You are right, I forgot to mention the purpose. I am new to LoadRunner. I am just looking a site for scripting and replaying with a vuser for multiple iterations.

Note: I don't have access to Gmail.

I tried OWA but it has multiple sessions, so I did not understand where to correlate.

Do you have any understanding about this?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For quick testing of any webtesting tool I often just make my own simple website. Just a form with some data to fill in and a second page on with this data is printed out.
Really simple to build (Google is your friend!) and perfect to use locally without need to host anything.  I would like to urge you not to use any live websites for testing Loadrunner without explicit permission from the sites owner. Not every website owner will appreciate you shooting scripts on their websites... (I know some cases where this even lead to lawsuits! So just don't go there. Not worth the risk...).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thanks KvanDam for your valuable suggestion. I will keep this in mind for future.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.