Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Sitescope for LoadRunner

We would like to use SiteScope for LoadRunner.  I checked the Additional Components installation directory and do not see anything for SiteScope.  There are instructions in the user guide for setting up a monitor however I haven't found anything about the installation.  Any guidance that can be provided is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Sitescope for LoadRunner

Hello,

Sitescope is agenet less monitoring tool, so no need to install any agents on server. If you have license, you can configure your testing environment to sitescope and moniotr test during execution.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

SiteScope is a separatly licensed product.  When purchasing LoadRunner, a SiteScope license is included but it is very limited & only provides for monitoring of LoadRunner Controller/Generator machines.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Is that latest statement correct. How can SiS license entitled only for Controller. 

The license guide doesn't state that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

What is the version of SiteScope?  The version we use allows us to monitor 500 counters, we didn't purchase any additional.  There is also SiteScope instructions on the web, and one should have been part of your SiteScope purchase.

Boatnlarry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

LoadRunner version 11.50 or greater. This Product Code provides entitlement to 25 OSI and 25 URL SiteScope.

I was referring to comment made by pkb1, as per him/her the monitors are for LR Generator/Controller. Which I don't think is right statement.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

That is not correct.

LoadRunner includes SiteScope for use during performance test runs. Currently cutomers get 300 OS instances to monitor meaning that they can use SiteScope to monitor performance metrics on up to 300 systems/machines that could be in the performance test environment.

I hope that clarifies.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.